Child Development Center, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit preschool that specializes in serving children with moderate-to-severe special needs
Exceptional Education for Exceptional Children
Child Development Center provides quality preschool education and related services:
- Each classroom has a licensed teacher with Birth—Kindergarten certification
- Each classroom has an experienced teacher assistant
- Each classroom has 1 staff member for every 6 children with no more than 12 children in a classroom
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapists provide services on site for all children with an Individual Education Program
- Lunch and a snack are served each day
We’re able to serve children with a variety of special needs, including:
- Down syndrome
- Developmental delays
- Hearing, speech, or vision impairments
- Mobility impairments
- Special medical needs (such as feeding tubes and catheters)
Why does this matter?
- Early intervention services can produce substantial gains in children’s physical development, cognitive development, and in speech/language and self-help skills. It reduces reliance on Medicaid and special services later in life, increases children’s independence, and reduces family stress.
How do we do this?
- A combination of state, local, and private funds allow us to serve children with special needs without any costs to their parents.
How can you help?
- Contact Heather Ratliff, Executive Director, at 910-343-4245 or firstname.lastname@example.org